Gary began sharing his passion for adventure as a guide almost 20 years ago. guiding throughout North and South America, he has taught rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering, tree climbing, caving, mountain biking, kayaking, and leadership development to a wide variety of audiences ranging from at-risk youth, people with disabilities, veterans, and business leaders.
Gary is an advocate for equal access for all and works with wide a range of skill levels including training people how to introduce climbing to people with disabilities. In his free time, he enjoys designing and innovating technique and gear to improve access and planning expeditions for adaptive climbing. Gary truly believe what he does, while not therapy, is therapeutic. When not in the field, he enjoys traveling with his wife and twin toddlers, as they learn all of the benefits of an active outdoor lifestyle.
Alpine Inspirations is rooted in the outdoors and has a special relationship to the natural environment. We have always been mindful as we design and lead programs that we act upon our environment with a minimal footprint and utilizing LNT principles. Environmental sustainability is completely consistent with our purpose, our goals, our values and our principles. We make stewardship of the environment a vital part of our business.
- Winter 2018-19 Adaptive Cross Country Skiing in Maine- Dates TBD
- Winter 2018-2019- Ice Climbing Adventures Many dates available
- April 2019- North Fork Trail, West Virginia
- May 2019- Backpacking- Gila National Forest, New Mexico
- May 2019- Intro to Lake Canoeing, Minnesota
- June 2019- Bikepacking/Packrafting, Michigan
- June 2019- Presidential Traverse, White Mountains, New Hampshire
- July 2019- Granite Peak, Montana 12, 799 feet
- July 2019- Adaptive River Trip- Green River Utah
- and More….